Even if you’re relatively new to Focusing, we’d love to have you join us!
What we DO ask is that you have some experience as a Focusing-oriented Listening Companion, since our primary goal is to continue developing our community of Midwest Focusers.
With a variety of virtual workshops, courses and Changes Groups available, learning Focusing is now easier than ever! The International Focusing Institute (TIFI) offers a listing of courses and events from which to choose.
Here are a couple of pathways to get you started on your learning journey:
- An introductory workshop (e.g., Focusing 101 Workshops with Annette Dubreuil) followed by Focusing Partnership sessions in Changes Groups, e.g.,
- Monthly Online Changes Group with Annette Dubreuil
- Virtual Changes Gatherings with Mary Elaine Kiener
- Live/online, multi-week courses:
- Focusing for Beginners with Annette Dubreuil
- Focusing Basics: Core Focusing Training with Ruth Hirsch
- Your Path to Lasting Change with Ann Weiser Cornell
Please note: Reading a book or attending a lecture or presentation offers a GREAT introduction to Focusing, but will not give you the experience needed to feel comfortable as a Focusing companion–for yourself AND for others.
The deep joy, satisfaction and often life-changing growth derived from experiential Focusing will live with you forever.
Please jump in! It’s definitely worth it!